Friday, October 18, 2013

The Terminal : Chapter II

Chapter II
Please Read The Chapter I If You Already Haven't

The second flight lands, its 08:50, by now the crowd from the previous flight has vanished into the private cars and those famous yellow and black ambassador taxis of Delhi. The second group of travelers start to emerge in a few minutes of landing, they seem to be a rather more elite version of the previous batch. White collar employees it seems, a lot more sophistication in the walk and hand bags. It must be an Air India flight, which is really popular in the Central Govt. employees. I waited for everybody to come out, and still find her not present in this tourney. Even the people who were slow in getting the luggage from the carousal were out now, but she wasn’t. I wanted to get my mobile out and call her, but I controlled my feelings. She had been angry that march evening and over the phone had asked me not to call her ever again, I would not. Since that day I hadn’t called her, there were couple of moments when I was desperate to call but I had been able to convince myself against it.

She had become really ill, and had to be brought back to Delhi, her dad had gone out to Pune to get her, I had come to know when she was already in Delhi, and she was instantly hospitalized. I wanted to go and meet her, I had had searched frantically through my contacts in hospitals and came to know that she was admitted in a hospital in Saket. After that day, I had gone twice while she was admitted, but never went inside, I did not want to cause any more pain to her. I had done enough damage to her. I knew I was the reason for so much misery in her life. I never wanted to cause any more pain to her. When I came to know she was back from hospital, I messaged her a random message, just to show that I knew that she was in Delhi. I did not want her to know, that I knew about her illness, she would have become really enraged about that. I did not express.
Sometimes I think, I have become a passive stalker, but then she was the drug of my life, for 5 long years, it would not be easy to cut myself off her. I knew she could be hurt when I was going through tough times, as I tend to lash out on people who try to come close to me. I knew I could hurt her, and that was the reason I distanced myself from her. You might be wondering why I was standing and waiting for her now? Well, things had changed now, I had struggled with myself, I had worked on myself. I knew why I was hurting people, I had been reborn as a new person.

This is too much thinking, I still have thirty minutes till the next arrival from Pune. I need some coffee.


To Be Continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment