Monday, October 21, 2013

The Terminal: Chapter IV

Chapter IV

Two more flights had arrived, and my wait has yet not got over. The last flight before eleven just landed and the passengers have got out of the airport. I guess, I am going to wait for the full day here. Not an issue, just I need to inform at office. As I turned and took my phone out to call Rohan, I saw ten missed calls from him. I had forgot to remove the phone from silent.
I instantly called him back, he picked up on the first ring itself “Sorry! Sorry bro, had forgot I had put the phone on Silent! What happened?”
Rohan sounded a bit worried, “Kabir, you need to reach the décor people, they are really frantic something happened on the website yesterday. They sound really worried.”
“But what happened? I will call my team they will handle, I cannot come today, have some… some task today”
“What work you have? All of a sudden? Where are you by the way?”
And just like that the work got tossed out of the window, Rohan was like that. He was actually interested in where I was, and why I wasn’t picking up the calls, he and I both knew he could handle whatever had happened at the décor front. He wanted to know where was I? He knew the amount of hard work I had put in setting up this new company with him. We had grown together with the firm, from a small team of 3 people to a modest organization of 18 people. We had built everything on our own shoulders with almost no external help of any sort. We had worked hard and worked day and night to make things possible, to accommodate the growth.
“Where Are You?” He almost shouted.
“I have come to meet somebody. Will reach back only in the evening I guess. Handle things at the office will you, for the day?”
“I will do that! But please tell me , you haven’t again gone to meet her!”
“Bye Rohan” I cut the call.

As I turned back towards the terminals arrival board, I saw her exiting the terminal.

She had not changed a lot, had become a little healthier I could see, and also that she had once again gone into the gothic look. All black. It was her habit, even during college, she used to invariably turn into black once in a while for weeks at a go. And as I stood there looking at her coming towards the exit, I realized that her parents must be somewhere nearby. I pulled my pullover over my face, and started looking around for her parents, but I did not find anybody I could recognize in the direction she was headed. As she stood in the line for taxi and that is the moment I realized she had somebody with her.

To Be Continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment